now browsing by tag
Today, in this post we will discuss simple steps to configure N300 Netgear model on your network. Read them carefully.
Turn on Wi-Fi extender
- The very first step is to plug Netgear extender into the power outlet, and wait until it completely turns on.
- Wait for LED to turn green.
- If you notice no LED on panel, then press the power button.
Link Your Wireless Extender To The Router
- Connect your Netgear extender to a computer network.
- Open you computer and click on network icon.
- After click on network icon you will see a complete list of available networks. Find NETGEAR_EXT. Click to connect to it.
- Open your web browser and type mywifiext.net in the space provided for URL.
- Click on ‘New Extender’ setup.
- Fill the required details like username and password to create an account and click next.
- Now, you will see the wireless networks on the screen. Tap on the network which you want to extend and click on next.
- You will be prompted to enter the password for Wireless network. Enter the same password you use earlier.
- Generate a new name and password for your wifi extender. It is advisable to add _EXT at the end of network name, it will help you to recognize between the router and other wireless devices. You can set same password for your extender which you have set for your wireless network.
- Create network username and password.
- The extender will now start installing.
- Connect other devices which are using the same network with the booster.
- Repeat the same steps for other devices as well. If you don’t want to connect the devices right now, then you can connect them later.
- Click on the check box given next to connected devices. Click to ‘continue’.
- A registration page will be opened on computer screen. You need to select the device which you want to register.
Once the netgear wifi extender n300 setup gets completed, you can restart it. The next objective is to place the extender at an optimal place. Make sure you did not place your extender at the dead spot because you will not be able to get signal strength at this location.